This Blog will allow my orchestra students (and anyone else) to follow me as I study Irish traditional music at the Blas Festival at the University of Limerick thanks to a Chicago Foundation for Education fellowship.

I also hope that this site can be a resource for my students as I will include links to songs that I am working on, performances, and other multimedia fun.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Irish sung at pub





So, even if you are a Mather student and have never been to a bar, you can imagine the scene at a crowded bar on a Friday night. People laughing, talking, drinking, having a good time. Maybe there's a jukebox playing. In the US, there is undoubtedly a TV going with a sporting event on. Well at this bar during a trad music session, it was much the same way. Until, as I mentioned in a previous post, someone stands up to sing. Everyone in the bar listens.

No comments:

Post a Comment